• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How can a note disappear from the population report?

17 posts in this topic

Strange thing: I've seen that a $1000 1934 LGS PMG 66 EPQ has vanished from the population report.

There were 3 notes in the list, but now there are only 2?

I've never seen such thing before and I check this report regularly for two years now.

How is this possible?

• Administrator

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your question. Our Population Report is updated every week. The only way you would see a note change on the Population Report would be if a particular note was sent in for a re-grade and the grade of the note changed. If there is a new grade, that will override the original grade and the most recent grade will then be reflected in the Population Report.

If you have any questions, you can contact our customer service department at 941-309-1001 or by e-mail at service@pmgnotes.com.

Thank you,

Hello,

it was my first thought that the grade of the note has changed.

But then the total number should be the same and the note should be visible with the new grade.

But in this case a 2211-F 66 EPQ has disappeared, now there are only 2 instead of 3, AND the total number of the graded notes has changed from 70 to 69.

So the note has "vanished". No change, just a note less.

That's the problem and my question:

Why can this happen?

Is this possible if a not is sent to reholder?

Not to regrade, only reholder?

Thank you.

That was my first thought too.

But then the total number of graded notes should be the same.

In this case the 66 has vanished, now there are 2 instead of 3, AND the total number was reduced from 70 to 69.

That's my question: How is this possible, why is a note deleted?

Is this a result of a regrade or could it happen when a note is sent to reholder?

• Administrator

I see what you mean. I didn't realize that the total number graded for this note had changed. That shouldn't happen, you are correct. It might be a computer glitch. Do you have the catalog number for this particular note? I can check on it for you and get back to you.

Thank you,

• Administrator

One reason for this could be that perhaps the FR# changed. For instance, if the note was changed from LGS to DGS then this would have a different FR#. So if the note was sent back in for a reholder and the FR# changed in a case like this, then it would appear that the note vanished from the Pop Report when in reality it just was moved to a different FR#.

Ok.

But it's a strange coincident that a note vanishes that is actually at PMG to reholder, isn't it?

When I fill in the certification number in the Note Verification I still can see that the note exists and still is a LGS and 66 EPQ.

Is it possible that a note disappears but the certification isn't deleted too?

All's well that ends well!

We've got the note back in the new holder AND today the note is back in the population report, still as a PMG 66 EPQ.

So all your explanations were correct. Thank you very much!!!

I've got one more question:

My note is now in a new holder but it has got a new PMG verification number.

When I check it, I see it's valid and shows a PMG 66 EPQ.

But the old number works too: Same result, a PMG 66 EPQ.

Why does the note exists now twice?

In the population report all is well, no additional note there.

• Administrator

Good afternoon,

When a note is sent in for a re-holder, it will be assigned a new certification number because it has to go on a new submission form. However, the previous invoice information will still be on file and could still be pulled up with the certification tool because that information will remain in the system.

However, the grade itself for that particular note will only be listed one time in the Population report. If a note comes in for a regrade and the grade changes then the old grade is removed and replaced with the new grade.

Hopefully this helps answer your question. If you have any other questions, please let me know. Thank you.