• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1957 Bermuda 5 Shillings Replacement Banknote

2 posts in this topic

Hi, I am a newbie here. I just purchased a 1957 Bermuda 5 shillings QE II banknote with the prefix of Z/1. I was told by the seller that the note is a replacement banknote. I did a check on the PMG population report, and what I can see is only the total pieces of P18b* graded. The report do not state what is the replacement prefix.

Could any of the admin or PMG's rep here help me with this? Thank you

Regards

Anthony Ng

• Administrator

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your post. The information listed in the World Replacement book that we use by Dr. Ali Mehilba states that replacements for Bermuda started in 1974 and use the Z/ prefix. Pick# BER18b would not have any replacements since it is prior to 1974.

We thank you for bringing this to our attention and we have corrected the Population Report to reflect this. The notes you previously saw under BER18b* are now going to show under BER18b.

If you have any additional questions, you can reach customer service at 941-309-1001 or by e-mail at service@pmgnotes.com

Thank you,