• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Did i get a good deal? posted by DONALD DIVELEY

3 posts in this topic

1914 $10 CLEVELAND FEDERAL RESERVE WORLD WAR I CURRENCY

i just bought this on ebay for $290. will be sending it in to get graded. i am brand new to collecting currency and was wondering if anyone had an ideal from the pitcures about what the grade would look like or if it is even worth sending in? thanks for any help!

11262.jpg

See more journals by DONALD DIVELEY

Hi Don,

I believe the note is worth sending in to get graded. In my currency references (Friedberg & Krause Standard Catalog), your note is worth $70 and up, depending on grade. Now, I must admit I have to buy the current versions of both references, but I believe, even with this said, your note definitely needs to be graded. I won't hazard a guess of grade from your picture (but if you pressed me I'd say in the VF to EF range). I wish I could feel the note, as I used to be in the printing business and I could tell a lot more from the feel of the paper.

The blue seal variety is the more common, there is also a red seal version which is worth more. I believe, and I'm sorry to say this, you overpaid some, but it's a nice note no matter what.

Right now I'm selling off about half of my coins so I can devote a lot more time, energy and money to currency, as I truly love printed matter.

Again, it's a nice note and will be a nice addition to your collection. I would suggest (if you haven't already) for you to purchase at least "United States Paper Money" by Friedberg and updated by Dave Bowers.

Please feel to message me about currency, I do really have a passion for currency, both US and world. In fact, if you would want, feel free to call me today (Sunday, May 6, 2012) if you have any questions or would just like to chat about currency. You can message me for my phone number, I plan on being home pretty much all day, with maybe one quick run to my local Casey's to get some AAA batteries for my TV remote.

Iowa Silver Baron Bammer