• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just got some photos from PMG

6 posts in this topic

So I had a couple freebie coupons and sent in an 1869 $10 Legal Tender and a $1 Original Series national for grading. Got an e-mail with images in today, and the LT was graded a net 20 for center fold repairs (which I knew about), but the $1 National was odd, it was graded 12, about right, but there was no net grade notation as on the $10, but on the back it noted rust and minor repairs. Have any of you seen notes with those issues noted but without a net grade? Not to mention the fact that I can't detect any rust or repairs on the note.

Have you tried calling PMG? They are very helpful and as I have stated many times before, even if it is a note you are thinking of buying; they will discuss it with you.

Since these are your own notes, they would be happy to provide you with any information you need. Their customer service department is top notch.

Comments of rust and minor repairs. I have some notes with comments on the back as well but no net grade. My understanding is that a note only recieve a net grade if it cannot be accurately graded such as rust on the edge of the note, but it could atill have rust and still be graded with the PMG-Paper Guaranty.

. What is a "Net Grade"? A. A "net graded" note is one which has had an adverse occurrence after it left the BEP. PMG understands that such a note can still be rare and valuable. Instead of returning it ungraded, PMG will holder and authenticate it as a "Net Graded". PMG will specifically state the reason(s) why any note is net graded.

The PMG guarantee is not valid on any net graded note. Listed here are a few examples of why a note may be "net graded": tear, corner missing, repaired, re-embossed, washed, stained, ink or writing and PVC damage.