• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Survey - Hobbies are relaxing

Stressful ?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Stressful ?

6 posts in this topic

Another survey.

I went to the doctor last week and my blood pressure is getting high. so I went to walmart and bought a high blood pressure tester. so far so good, still under. but it made me think about what hobbies might be better for me that might be less stressful.

- how stressful is your currency collecting experience ?

This may be the cliche of the decade, but "it is what it is", and I voted, not stressful at all.

I truly enjoy the challenges of completion, the pleasure of stewardship, the art and history of paper money, and the camaraderie of the hobby. I'm sure dealers, investors, registry set collectors and plastic chasers look at it completely differently from me, and understandably so.

It's been awhile since I've logged on but I just voted somewhat stressful. That's really not accurate because I've found it varies to extremes. From stress relieving joy such as found when opening a package with a note in it that I was looking forward to receiving or taking time to look through the collection, to stress when the blood pressure goes through the roof such as when that expensive previously graded Gem comes back AU and I wonder why am I even doing this.