• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1914 large size blue seals...

5 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I understand that the 1914 red seals can be quite rare in high grade; but what is the collectibility of the blue seal notes? I only have a few of these; and actually want more because I like the 'look' of these notes. Anyone have a complete series? What are the hardest notes to find?

I thank you for your help.

'mint'

what is the collectibility of the blue seal notes?

hello, i collected the minneapolis blue seals, but the reds are too expensive for me. the artwork is great.

as you know, some are very rare and expensive in high grade. new york and chicago maybe easier to collect.

i haven't seen many $50 and $100 minneapolis reds around.

if i had the money i would collect more too.

maybe check the

Paper Money of the United States: A Complete Illustrated Guide With Valuations by Arthur L. Friedberg, Ira S. Friedberg

for prices and rareity.

sig.jpg

sig.jpg

I have a type set of these from $1 to $100, mostly NY and Boston, but a couple KC notes too. They are very collectible, but my hunch is they are mostly bought for type.

What you might consider is seeking out the notes where the seals are closer together (I think this is called "type-2"). They are a lot scarcer for little to no additional value in most cases.

I have a bunch of 1914 blue seals in F/VF condition if you decide you want to purchase some. Even an elusive star note in horrible condition.

If you go with the high grades, I would only buy graded notes. I bought what looked like (and was represented by a dealer) as a $100 in AU+ condition. Well, PMG decided it was a VF.