• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BEP

10 posts in this topic

Thought about picking up a few single districts - but after buying the complete sets over the past few years, there is really nothing special to them other than S/N's "2009####, 2010####, etc." So after you spend $71 on the notes and get run of the mill s/n's - do you have them graded? Heck no!

Besides, check out the site - the 2009's and 2010's are still for sale. Shelf warmers...

I'm a sucker for BEP notes & sets, ($2's $5's $10's $20's), all of the Lucky Money series, Deluxe and Premium notes & sets, Prosperity sheets, and the list goes on and on. I don't get any of them graded, instead, I take them out of the original BEP sleeves and folders, and get them into Mylar-D holders. Some sets do sell out and our worth more than original subscription price, and some don't. Fancy serial numbers are always worth more, but you get what they send you. Try finding some 1995 $5 Prosperity sheets for block H-F or H-G, or try finding a sheet of 1976 $2 Kansas City Stars.....better bring your checkbook.

i have been thinking of buying them. $2 bills are cool.

but they don't seem to be in high demand.

i already have a district set of this year (series).

and having them graded would be expensive.

i wish the BEP would sell what collectors/dealer want.

low numbers, stars, district sets of all denominations.

trying to find new notes in circulation is difficult,

currency collectors just don't get treated the same a coin collectors.

i buy all of my uncirculated sets from the usmint. why not bep too.

http://www.moneyfactorystore.gov/comingsoon.aspx

http://www.moneyfactorystore.gov/premiumproducts.aspx

I recently saw a 2003A $2 C20110082D in a BST thread being offered in a silent auction at the PCGS Collectors Universe. The seller was one of the BEP lottery winners for the 3 district notes not sold in the $2 2011 9-note set. I sent a PM with an offer for $25, and right before the silent auction ended, the seller was nice enough to let me know that the bidding had gone over the $85 mark for the note with one day left. Needless to say, I wasn't the bidder that won.