• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Fr # 239 Silver Cerificate...

13 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I have been thinking about buying one of these in 64 or 65 grade range by PMG with EPQ. Can anyone give me a proper price of what to expect to pay? I keep putting off buying this item, but I am leaning on buying one...

I already have the Fr 237 and 238 in very high grade (PMG 66).

Thanks again for your help!

'mint'

a quick search on Heritage Auctions

Fr. 239 $1 1923 Silver Certificate

PMG Gem Uncirculated 65 EPQ

Sold for: $1,667.50 (includes BP )

Auction Ended On: Sep 10, 2009

Sold for: $1,725.00 (includes BP )

Auction Ended On: Apr 30, 2009

Sold for: $2,990.00 (includes BP )

Auction Ended On: Sep 27, 2007

http://currency.ha.com/

Yeah, I can help you buddy.

Fr. 239

64 - $600.00-$700.00

65 - $900.00-$1100.00

66 - $2300.00-$2500.00

67 - $4000.00+

I have shared my collection up here before. It took me a few years to put it together.

I own the following:

Fr. 237 - PMG GEM67

Fr. 238 - PMG GEM66

Fr. 239 - PMG GEM67

Thanks guys! Judging from those Heritage Archives, the price seems to be 'leveling off,' possibly due to the economy. I would settle for a 64 EPQ, but would prefer a 65 EPQ graded by PMG. I am trying to avoid a PCGS note for this particular item.

Again, I graciously thank both of you for your help and I will let yu know what I decide and where I buy it from. I have been working with Sergio Sanchez and Trusted Stocks lately, but Sergio does not have any Fr 239's listed on his site (although he does have a nice $20 1922 Gold certificate; albeit a little overpriced). We shall see what develops. I may have to bid on this item at auction...

Heritage is much better than eBay...that is for sure!

Sincerely yours,

'mint'

. I have been working with Sergio Sanchez and Trusted Stocks lately, but Sergio does not have any Fr 239's listed on his site (although he does have a nice $20 1922 Gold certificate; albeit a little overpriced).

Seems the few notes I talked with Sergio about, his prices were way above the current market value. I'm all for everyone making a buck, but......

. I have been working with Sergio Sanchez and Trusted Stocks lately, but Sergio does not have any Fr 239's listed on his site (although he does have a nice $20 1922 Gold certificate; albeit a little overpriced).

Seems the few notes I talked with Sergio about, his prices were way above the current market value. I'm all for everyone making a buck, but......

I hear this a lot from various collectors across all levels of income in the collecting community. I will say this though; the notes I have bought from Sergio were all very STRONG for their grade and all exhibited great eye appeal. For someone like me who needs a little help finding high quality pieces; he can help tremendously. Same can be said for Trusted Stocks, however, I think both dealers do need to be more flexible with their pricing; even if you are paying via layaway (which I often do as I don't have to tie up cash or credit all at once). The dealer actually makes out more in my opinion (with a layaway option) because he is getting interest and use of the money he receives as payment. He also does not have to pay credit card or PayPal fees on the transaction.

This is just my opinion however...and I do see your point.

Sincerely,

'mint'

did some more searching for the Fr. 239

found a PMG-64 (non-EPQ)

Fr-239 1923 $1 PMG 64 B46750835E_t3094

Price: $1,650.00

http://app.vendio.com/storefront?view=ITEM_DETAIL&cid=10794902&lid=3074474584&mode=1

from the PMG popualtion report: Fr. 239 1923 $1

pmg 65 = 22 graded

pmg 66 = 26 graded

pmg 67 = 4 graded

have fun, and be patient.

Thank you again guys. Rock, I appreciate the pictures...uh, you 'rock.' lol!

I am still searching....

PS: I doubt that the seller of the PMG 65 EPQ on eBay will come down. I have done business with him before and usually in my experience, unless it is a straight auction, he won't offer much of a discount on that note. I am still looking and waiting. I wonder when the next major Heritage auction is? Or maybe a trusted dealer like Sergio or Treasured Stocks will get one in by then...who knows...

I wonder when the next major Heritage auction is?

Thing is with auctions like Heritage you might get the note for 1450.00 and after paying the 'juice' you wind up paying 1600.00 or a tad more for it.

I'd make an offer to Trusted Traditions and see what he says. You are correct though, I've seen him on Collectors Corner and his prices are high, and from what I've heard he doesn't budge much on price. Still no reason not to make him an offer that isn;t too offensive. :-)