• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Polymer Notes

12 posts in this topic

Hello, the PMG newsletter had an article about "Polymer Notes"

http://www.pmgnotes.com/news/viewarticle.aspx?NewsletterNewsArticleID=933

This made me remember that I have some of these types of notes.

I picked them up at a bank in Chicago that would convert my USD to AUD.

There not uncirculated notes, but if i ever went to Australia i would already have

some money. I doubt that i will go there now, but it was fun/interesting to have some of their money.

Thought I would post the photos of the notes for others to see.

105380.jpg.cae1481ed9406729da14379a8df20781.jpg

105381.jpg.70be9ef51fe4254245314d3a6ec231f1.jpg

My wife has an engineering degree in polymers and I just purchased her first polymer note last week from Romania. The year 2000 note features the event of the total solar eclipse on 11 August 1999.

romania2000leip-111bunc.jpg

These notes are different in texture/feel compared to ours and funny this article came out from PMG today, might bring a little interest to these types of notes.

correct, yes, clear window in corner.

from what i could find: The Reserve Bank of Australia says that polymer notes

last about four times longer than paper notes and are more difficult to counterfeit.

not sure how they handle fire,

replace badly damaged currency

http://www.moneyfactory.gov/uscurrency/damagedcurrency.html

My wife has an engineering degree in polymers and I just purchased her first polymer note last week from Romania. The year 2000 note features the event of the total solar eclipse on 11 August 1999.

romania2000leip-111bunc.jpg

These notes are different in texture/feel compared to ours and funny this article came out from PMG today, might bring a little interest to these types of notes.

Im interested in purchasing one of these I don't really collect anything but coins but I really like this bill. Where can I find one?

Hello everyone.

I really like all of the posts and pictures everyone has shared. The Australian group is a nice collection, and the 2000 Lei from Romania is a beautiful note. Polymer notes are a great type to collect. I hope you all enjoyed the article and stay tuned...I will be posting my polymer collection once I have them all scanned tonight.

Happy Collecting!

Im interested in purchasing one of these I don't really collect anything but coins but I really like this bill. Where can I find one?

I found group of 10 on the bay for $1 a note + nominal shipping. They're obsolete since Romania switched currencies in 2006, never the less they're nice to have in the collection. My wife needed something as a Physics Club prize for her high school organization and I saw the notes in passing several times. The eclipse theme, polymer material and low cost made them a perfect contribution for the club.