• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DHL & Fedex won't send paper money to China

15 posts in this topic

Michael, I want to send Indonesian rupiah paper money not US Dollar, my business partner need it to fine tune their banknote counter.

And Indonesian postal service rejected me because they don't send Indonesian rupiah paper money overseas, same with wu , dhl etc.

Since this is a paper money colelctor forum, I thought there are people experienced dealing with this issue before

How would they know what is in the package unless you tell them? I ship coins by these services and their terms prohibit this. Just put paper documents as the contents on the customs form.

The packages could be opened at the border. All packages in and out of just about all countries are scanned for contraband. China does not allow the mailing of circulating currency (Renminbi) or money from any of its neighbors because it tightly controls its currency.

The rest of the answer is political and beyond the scope of these groups.

Scott

How would they know what is in the package unless you tell them? I ship coins by these services and their terms prohibit this. Just put paper documents as the contents on the customs form.

The packages could be opened at the border. All packages in and out of just about all countries are scanned for contraband. China does not allow the mailing of circulating currency (Renminbi) or money from any of its neighbors because it tightly controls its currency.

The rest of the answer is political and beyond the scope of these groups.

Scott

The package could be opened by Customs, but in reality that is a rarity. Millions of packages cross the boarders every day and no country has close to the manpower to inspect each package. I ship hundreds of packages internationally a month including at least 20+ to China and it is EXTREMELY rare that I've been informed the package arrived opened. Also, I ship coins which are prohibited to many countries. Never had a problem.

Currency is not one of the outright prohibited items to be mailed into China from the US. Chinese currency is, but not foreign currency. There are other restrictions, but is not outright prohibited. FedEx & DHL also have different rules than the USPS.

FedEx also clears Customs electronically, so there is much less chance of a package being opened. I used FedEx for expensive shipments to "problem countries".

The package could be opened by Customs, but in reality that is a rarity. Millions of packages cross the boarders every day and no country has close to the manpower to inspect each package. I ship hundreds of packages internationally a month including at least 20+ to China and it is EXTREMELY rare that I've been informed the package arrived opened. Also, I ship coins which are prohibited to many countries. Never had a problem.

Then I may be consistently unlucky. I have had three packages from Israel opened. All three were sent by a dealer outside of Tel Aviv whom I have been buying Israeli currency from. My last order was 5 of the new 20 NIS polymer notes. Not only did they open the package, but I had to be interviewed by the US Postal Inspection Service as to why I am receiving current currency from Israel. Luckily, my currency binder was in my car (I was going to show it to a friend after the visit to the post office). They were surprised anyone collected Israeli currency.

However, I have not had a problem ordering from the Israel Coins and Medals Corp. back when the Israeli government still owned them.

My Tel Aviv dealer found some nice fractional -script issued in 1949-1950 before coin production picked up. I wonder if these will be stopped at the border, too!

Scott

have your partner go to an international bank, your partner can exchange his

Chinese Currency RMB (Renminbi) into Indonesian rupiah paper money.

no reaon for you to send any of your money for his banknote counter.