• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1896 $1 EDUCATIONAL...Curious on grade and if worth sending to PMG

20 posts in this topic

What is your motive for sending in for grading, to resell or piece of mind on the grade? It looks like a decent f/vf to me. Should you decide to send in for grading, be sure to send to PMG or PCGS as these are the only TPG's (in my opinion) worth having it graded.

Best regards.

I think it's a strong VF. Without the center fold it might even approach XF.

The bottom obverse margin is a little tight but otherwise it's a well centered note with good color and no real problems.

Well worth getting certified IMO.

You have nothing to lose in sending in a note like this to PMG. Personally, as my name suggests, I only collect notes that grade 63 EPQ or above; however, due to the popularity of the educational series (and the fact that most collectors cannot afford them in higher grades), this is a great note in this condition! I wish you luck in whatever you decide to do with it once it comes back from being graded!

Thanks for showing it to us as well!

Sincerely,

mintcollector