• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just finished taking pictures of the 38 notes $5 FRN set - ugh...

7 posts in this topic

Finished up yesterday the 38 pictures total and then reduced down to a size smaller than 120 kb. Man my arm is tired from holding the Vixia HF-10 steady - nothing professional like the $3 image PMG offers or Heritage, but a good try.

Any light suggestions other than natural light? I hate the yellow light bulbs put off or blue from LED(s).

Why wouldn't you scan them? Okay, you may not have a scanner, next thing then is a tripod and shutter release for your camera, whatever lighting you do there are ways to correct any colour (English spelling) cast from your light type.....I guess it depends on how much time you have to spare and how good/true you really want the results.

Do we get to see them then?

Regards.

I have an HP C7280 scanner and the notes always come out looking really bad. The Canon HF-10 has a HD CMOS and did the best shot for what I had at my disposal - I put the camera on wide and held about 8" above the notes.

I'll adjust the tripod and have the camera face down and retake a few.

Thanks!