• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hello

6 posts in this topic

My first post here so I thought I'd say hello to everyone.

I've been collecting paper currency for 2-3 years. Around 1 year ago I found I needed to put a little focus into what I collected so it's been narrowed primarily to WWII Emergency notes, which in its self has been a challenge with all the varieties.

Welcome aboard ! :hi: ( I use a lot of emoticons , not because of a childish intellect , but people seem to think I respond harshly due to the way I communicate in the type-written format :grin: )

My wife has a circulated set of Africa notes , and some Hawaii notes as well . I wish I had just started out my note venture also with some 'format' or starting point as well :grin:

I have sets from just about the whole gamut , but not including broken bank notes .

About as organized as I ever got , was to start off with the earliest 'USA' paper money I could find ( and afford ,at the time :insane: ) which consists of colonial 'shin plasters' and 'continentals' and then fast forwarded to large size and small sized , onto FRN's and continued into current issues from bank packs , now....shewwww :screwy: I'm kind of all over the place with my note sets , lol ............( like my welcome reply is :makepoint: )

........Soooo , having a place to set the flag pole and start is a great idea ....the note arena is absolutely huge and one can get side-tracked or derailed quick .

I hope you get your sets to a point where you would be comfortable posting pictures , here , on this site and sharing them with us , but you do not have to feel compelled to show a completed set...post them anytime ! (thumbs u

...and trust me, they do not have to be perfect for our version of 'show and tell' ...I appreciate seeing notes in any conditions ( although I spend more time on the 'coin' side )...I'll post some of my notes as time allows and I get better with my new camera also , so again,

Welcome ! :banana:

Thanks for the welcome. I'll get some pics posted as I learn my way around here. It would be kind of hard to do right now, I have my fingers crossed hoping to win one note from the CSNS auction. Just a few more hours.