• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New $100's - BEP to unveil next month

14 posts in this topic

The new design for the $100 bill will be unveiled next month, per the Treasury Department. The info will be on the BEP website 4/21 - doesn't say when they'll go in to circulation though.

2009 Series - correct?

Horrible, what grade shool drop out designed this??? Looks like some computer geek in the 9th grade just started vomiting out security features from a build your own currency website! Why is the denomination spelled out at the top? Why is the giant 100 covering part of Independence hall? Granted I've hated every big head design since they started with the 78-point font on the back of the $50 in 1997, but this is just absolute !

The large 100 on the reverse is for the visually impaired.

According to the BEP and US Secret Service, the more security features on the $100 note the better. The $100 note is the most circulated and most counterfeited in the world.

What gets me is Ben Franklin's green head! Why is his head green? Is he sick or something?

Scott

I like the design, except for the inkwell. I hope its not so in-your-face in hand as it is on the image.

The thing I find most interesting is they mark notes as "SPECIMEN" to make them worthless, yet notes marked "SPECIMEN" become instant collectibles worth many multiples of face value. Your government at work.

i sure most have already seen this,

BEP is having trouble with the new $100 bill. see release below:

problem with sporadic creasing of the paper

http://www.moneyfactory.gov/

Announcement from the Federal Reserve Board

Octobber 1, 2010

On October 1, the Federal Reserve Board announced a delay in the issue date of the redesigned $100 note. This new design incorporates cutting edge, anti-counterfeiting technologies and the Federal Reserve imposes strict quality controls to ensure that users of U.S. currency around the world receive the highest quality notes. The Bureau of Engraving and Printing manufactures Federal Reserve notes and has identified a problem with sporadic creasing of the paper during printing of the new $100 note, which was not apparent during extensive pre-production testing. As a consequence, the Federal Reserve will not have sufficient inventories to begin distributing the new $100 notes as planned.

The Bureau of Engraving and Printing is working to resolve this problem, and the Federal Reserve Board will announce a new issue date for the redesigned $100 note as soon as possible. The originally scheduled issue date was February 10, 2011.

sig.jpg

Edited by GW

Nick Jackson is a content creator for websites, blogs, articles, and social media platforms. She is keen on capturing the attention of a target audience. She offers assignment help from time to time at College-Paper.org Review on a wide variety of topics. She keeps herself well-read with the changing trends of the web world.