• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Worth anything ?

5 posts in this topic

BTW I found this forum since I also have a UBB forum and your forum was listed there.

After reading post by Stan, my story is somewhat the same

Back in late 1950's I was was given a few bucks from either a aunt or grandmother and was told for some reason to save it. I was about 9 years old at the time and assume it was for doing good in school.

In any case I did save it but also as a kid forgot all about it and maybe every 10-20 years I come across this money still in the envelope I had put them in and wonder if it was worth saving it, does it have any worth today ?

I know nothing about old money of any kind so this is what I see

Six one dollar bills all say silver certifcate where 5 of them are 1957 and one is 1935

One 5 dollar bill from 1928 says US note.

here is a few images, Please let me know what they are worth if you can

Thanks

41381-oldmoney.JPG.3af648e2a04782ffa570020417a328e2.JPG

41382-oldmoney3.JPG.7bf5233d013bf3507a1602de64826f3f.JPG

Teamzr1

I recently got a US paper book price guide book for 2007, Whitman Red book with the Friedberg Standard catalog codes.

The images are a little hard to see if you have a scanner, it works very well for paper money maybe you can scan and repost?

Based on what you said the 1928 5 dollar US Note ranges from 15-80$ depending on condition. Crisp is is best at 70-80$

The 1957 Silver Certificate $1 range from about 4-20$ each depending on condition.

Hope that helps

Shawn