• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Repaired, Restored, and Doctored Notes.

10 posts in this topic

In an ongoing effort to help collectors improve their knowledge of collectible currency, I've started a on-line list depicting examples of repaired, restored, or doctored notes. The list can be viewed free at the link below.

"Repaired, Restored, and Doctored Notes."

As you can tell, the list is off to a slow start as it's often difficult to find images of the newly worked on notes in their original form. Should any of you have "before and after" images of notes that you know to have been worked on and would like to out, please contact me through my site or this one.

At this time, I am not including "overgraded" notes since Vince seems to have that area covered, but may decide to do so in the future.

Thanks, and happy collecting!

RJ

I'm not sure but I think his question was more along the lines of which way would it be preferable to OWN the notes, before or after.

Personally, even though the after notes may be visually more appealing, if I was in the market for them I would rather have the original condition Before notes. The After notes have been worked on to make them appear to be something they are not. Unfortuanately the after note probably have more potential for increased future profit, which will encourage the "repairing" (altering) of even more notes.

I see...If that's the question, then the answer is that I, and most other collectors, prefer original, unmolested notes. This fact is usually seen in the market with original notes commanding significant premiums over doctored notes. Unless the doctored note is passed off as original, but then that's why I started the thread.

RJ