• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post Your Most Recent World Acquistion!

10 posts in this topic

Thanks jtryka smile.gif If you're not familiar with the the image of the junk on the back, it is a depiction of the China 1934 junk silver dollar. China left the silver standard in 1935 and returned to it in 1949, the year of this note. In 1949, 30 million of the coins were struck by US Mints for China. The image of the junk coin on the back is the primary reason I picked this up.

I changed the title of this thread to recent world additions to avoid littering the existing thread full of beautiful US notes with world notes. Hopefully it will also make this thread last longer and help generate more posts for this forum.

Here are some more cheap but historic notes, 10 and 20 million mark German hyperinflation notes. I thought I was doing well at 20 million marks but there's a 100 billion mark note out there 893whatthe.gif In the end, 20 million marks was worth just under 5 Mills.

DE_1923_BN-10mDM_Reichsbanknote_800x350.jpg

DE_1923_BN-20mDM_Reichsbanknote_800x780.jpg

The larger denominations like that aren't that impressive, since they had pretty much given up by then, so there is really almost no artistic aspects to speak of. I have a nice 10,000 mark note from 1922 that is half the size of a 8 1/2 by 11 sheet of paper and very beatifully engraved. I'll try to post photos in the next few days or by the weekend.

I love seeing how people dressed and groomed themselves in days gone by. Itagaki Taisuke's beard is out of this world! thumbsup2.gif

That note is from 1953 and cataloged as Pick-90 (aka P-90 or JP-90). The reverse shows the Diet Building. I found it at banknotes.com.