• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How much is a $50 star note worth?

5 posts in this topic

It is a Series 2004 note, in pretty good condition with a crease down the middle.

Serial #: EK 00370737*

Is this worth anything, or should I just spend it? $50 is alot of money, so I can't just put it away and save it without severely cutting into the coin budget.

Thanks for the help,

Zach smile.gif

I had the same question a while back (but mine was a $100 * note). When I tried to sell it to a dealer, he said that there was not as much premium on the higher denomination star notes, because there is not as much demand. Most people will buy a $1 as a curiosity, but the demand is just not there for the higher denominations, because like you said it is a lot of money to tie up unless you really want it. There is even less premium for a circulated higher denom star note, because the people who want them want nice ones. I would say spend it (or better yet, put it in a savings account. )