• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fractionals

6 posts in this topic

I only have one fractional note in my collection, but I would be surprised if there aren't some fractional collectors on the forum. Keep in mind though that the currency section is usually pretty quiet in general, so give it some time for people to reply.

Hi, Nubie

First of all welcome to the forum. hi.gif

It is a little sleepy here at times so just read some of the past posts to catch up. I do have a few of the fractional currency notes, they were a great trivia question and I won many a bet with them. I will try to scan some and place on this forum.

AAJ

I have almost a complete collection of fractionals..look at the registry. They are a fascinating type of currency, most people don't know that they ever existed. Yet they helped save the economy of the Union during the Civil War. There are 23 note designs and about 125 major variations so putting a good collection is not an impossible task. I have been collecting for about 12 years and most of my notes have appreciated by 2-3X in value.