• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Obsolete currency / Broken Banknotes

6 posts in this topic

I've recently developed an interest in obsolete currency and broken banknotes. A quick scan of the Paper Money forum on this site shows no topics that hit on those subjects. Am I missing something?

Here's an example of the sort of thing that appeals to me:

knoxville1393s_180.jpg

Does PMG offer a grading service for this sort of note? Or am I forever doomed to carry my notes in "raw" condition?

Does anyone else share an interest in broken banknotes and obsolete currency?

Do you have a particular focus? Or are you all over the map?

In my case, I'm currently focused in two areas... places of interest (i.e. places I have lived or have family in) and "recycled" obsolete currency from the Civil War.

Here's an example of the "recycled" currency:

recycletn3_822.jpg

- Greg

For anyone that is interested, I've set up a web site and message board focused on obsolete currency and broken banknotes You can find it at http://brokenbanknotes.com/bbnmb. I've been collecting information there, and welcome anyone who wants to join. I'm trying to add new content regularly, and invite any discussion on the subjects.