• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does Everybody Check All The Notes They Get In Change?

14 posts in this topic

MTHead. Here's what I do once in awhile. I stop at the 1st bank and cash a check for $500 and ask for all $5's. Then on the way to the other bank I look through them. Then I cash them in for all $10's at the 2nd bank. Then I check them on the way home. If I didn't get nuttin out of the 5's and 10's I stop at the 1st bank again and get all $20's. Usually I end up at home with $500 in 20's! But, once in awhile...1977* $10 maybe XF from KC. Boy, did the small head ever stick out.

Jerry

Hi, Jerry

I have been checking my change, coin and currency, since I was nine years old! I'm 55 now and still enjoy it. Many silver ceriticates in the sixties and seventies even some in CU. Also all the * notes I could want, low#'s, radar notes, etc. Nothing in the last few years but one never knows if that really nice error note will show up in my change!

AAJ

I have to ...if i don't come home with some kinda weird note...I get cold dinner. frown.gif

I recently found ( for my special other half and the woman of my love) a 1969 $20 out of an ATM thumbsup2.gif. I usually find one dollar bills with either the A or the J letters and she'll put them in the savings accounts of the kids ( their initials) ...all the remainder one bills that do not have any kind of special 'thing' goes into our vacation 'blow' money account .

My brother -in-law is a star note magnet and is always bringing her one or two , which makes it harder to come up with something to top it makepoint.gif , so I keep a few emergency red seals in the back of the sock drawer when I want a warm meal or don't feel up to cooking insane.gif.

When I cook , though , she lets me look through her coin jar of recent finds acclaim.gif.

We probably need professional help . What ever you do , do not come into the house and lay any $2 bills on any counter or it will immediately dissappear to God only knows where she hoards them 893whatthe.gif.