• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone know anything about these?

18 posts in this topic

Well, the bottom note is a Japanese occupation note for the Philippines. Not worth much,I've seen plenty in dealer's junk boxes.Makes for an interesting collection when you get all the denominations though.

The others,all I can tell you is the country... confused-smiley-013.gif

The second note is from Special Army Currency (SAC) issues that were printed for use by Allied forces during the post-war occupation of Berlin and Germany. They are descended from the Allied Military Currency (AMC) that was used during the war, and are a pre-cursor to MPC issues.

Denominations from these issues are quite scarce.

The top note is a one Yuan ($1) note from Taiwan.

The four characters on the top say "Central Bank", the two large characters in the center say "One Yuan" and the seven small characters at the center botton say "Republic of China - Taiwan".

The picture is of Sun Zhong Shan who is famous in China for fighting the Japanese during the occupation years. The city of Zhongshan in Guangdong province (on the pearl delta about one hour and a half north of Hong Kong by ferry) is named after him, which means "Central Mountain".

Taiwan celebrates many of the famous Chinese generals prior to the communist take over on thier notes. I have no idea of the value however.

By the way, I happen to be in Zhongshan at the moment as I write this.

Hope this helps,

Jim

The second note is from Special Army Currency (SAC) issues that were printed for use by Allied forces during the post-war occupation of Berlin and Germany. They are descended from the Allied Military Currency (AMC) that was used during the war, and are a pre-cursor to MPC issues.

Denominations from these issues are quite scarce.

What other SAC notes were issued. Weren't some done for France?

Jerry