• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Abuse of this Forum Needs to Stop.

14 posts in this topic

With all due respect, let me preface this post by stating for the record, regardless of the issues, regardless of who thinks they are right and who wrong, who corrupt and who just, and regardless of my personal convictions relating to the original issue(s) at hand, this post isn't about taking sides.

A handful of people on this forum really need to get a life and grow up. I will not mention specific names, but we all know who you are. You are members of this forum that choose to use this forum to wage war against one another without regard for the rest of us who would simply like to share our love of currency with others. The fighting needs to stop. You people are destroying this forum and denigrating our hobby.

What you are doing is unfair to those of us who want to use the forum for the purpose for which it was intended. I believe for the most part, the point of this forum is to enhance the fun of collecting by bringing a group of like-minded people together to share thoughts and ideas, exchange information and gain education, and to promote fellowship for both collectors and dealers alike.

Take a look at the US Coin Forum at Collectors Universe for example, link and see how a larger group of dealers and collectors can all get along with one another and as a result, make for one of the best forum experiences anywhere.

The people I refer to in this post have shown their agenda all too clearly and all too frequently on this forum, and in doing so, exposed their own lack of professionalism and for some, shown an underlying pathology. They should be ashamed of themselves.

I believe it is incumbent on these handful of members to cease and desist and start acting like professionals. Imagine the young collector who visits this site for the first time. What are they to think of our wonderful and rewarding hobby when they see dealers acting like children who won't stop throwing grenades at one another? Don't you think enough is enough?

No one needs to apologize, please, just let it go and stop the madness. If you can't let it go, please do us all a favor and fight somewhere else, perhaps in the privacy of a professional organization like the PCDA, the PNG, the SPMC, or even the ANA.

With all due respect to the Forum,

Jeff Karp

PS: If members of the forum agree with what I wrote, please support this post by posting a reply. If you disagree with what I wrote, please post your disagreement as well.

I agree with most of your sentiments.

Take a look at the US Coin Forum at Collectors Universe for example, link and see how a larger group of dealers and collectors can all get along with one another and as a result, make for one of the best forum experiences anywhere.

I could not disagree more with that statement.

I thought long and hard about this as what sometimes goes on here could be construed as open battle. However, you are on the wrong Message Board for your comment. This has been the norm on the CU Message Board, that is to say, specific personnal names being dragged through the dirt. I have not seen that here.

I would like to think that PMG would not allow name calling here and I believe CU is trying to "restrain" some of the known abusers on their site. In fact PMG cut one off here very quickly not to long ago. I know that because I was the bad guy, and I was wrong.

As long as my name or your name is not commented on negativitly here, freedom of speech is allowed, my opinion.

Furthermore, on this site I also think that, percentage wise, more collectors get good, useful information and I hope more will join.

ADDED..... Since more of the attacks on well known grading services have escalated, the currency market has exploded up and it continues; that is, for PMG and PCGS graded notes.

I concur with Jtryka. The Collector's Universe forums are a lot more rocky than any other forum out there.

Although that statement was hardly the main point in my post, I too agree that on the CU Paper Money forum, the same abuses occur, with the same members as on this forum, and it does seem even nastier like a previous poster pointed out. I don't know why. Such a shame.

Perhaps I should have posted my message on the CU Paper Money Forum as well. Thanks for the feedback.

My comment was a just personal observation that on the Coin forum @ CU, members seem to do a good job policing themselves without an all and out war breaking out. I could be wrong though, it's just my perception.

Is anyone as surprised with the high number of times this thread has been viewed compared to the low number of replys?

Best regards to all,

Jeff Karp

I concur with Jtryka. The Collector's Universe forums are a lot more rocky than any other forum out there.

got flame? 893whatthe.gif

"CU, members seem to do a good job policing themselves without an all and out war breaking out."

That statement is weak at best. The CU moderator has had to slow down the darts on many occasions. This board does not attack persons, just grading services that are questionable at best. There is nothing wrong with that if it it factual, and it is.

The people making fun of some posters that try to get a serious point across are the people at fault. Instead of open responses, there are personal attacks, no facts.

Fair is fair. If there is a good reason for a poster to show concern about something dealing with currency, it is his right to mention it here for intercommunication, not attacks from want-a-bee currency dealers that sleep with the enemy, if you get my drift.

LOLOLO

Heres some good reading about this self proclaimed currency cop .

Its long but very good .Click the links and hear what some very important players had to say about this person .

Also good luck to try and get him to take this somewhere else .Hes been going for years just like the energizer bunny .

http://centurialcollectibles.com/grade.html