• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help with confederate $ shillings

17 posts in this topic

Someone asked me to sell a bunch of paper money for them on ebay. I have confederate money shillings, cotton planters loan . texas money treasury warrant, Arkansas. I rented books from the library and came to the conclusion they were copies, then I saw someone else selling on ebay and there money looked exactly like mine, so now I am not sure if there the real thing or copies. I am not a collector of paper money, and I don't want to sell something I have no clue about. So I thought maybe someone could help me if I attach a picture. I don't even know how to go about submitting these to pmg. How much does it cost would it be worth it? Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. My main concern is are these notes copies or originals.

I finally figured how to post pictures, here are just of few of the paper money I have. Please anyone give me your opinion if these are copies or the real thing. How can you tell? i took pictures of the fronts and backs. Sorry there not very good pictures if you need clearer or closeups on anything let me know. I would appreciate any info or input anyone want to give. Thanks in advance, Dawn

dscf0001_1152639530.jpg

dscf0002_1152639532.jpgdscf0003_1152639534.jpgdscf0004_1152639535.jpgdscf0005_1152639536.jpgdscf0007.jpgdscf0008.jpgdscf0009_1152639542.jpgdscf0010_1152639543.jpg .jpg[/img]

Thanks every one for your opinions on these confederate paper money and shillings. I didn't want to try to sell something I didn't know anything about. I thought they may be reproductions but wasn't sure. The lady who wants me to sell them for her said they were her grandfathers. Is there a way you can tell? Like the color of the ink or something. I was trying to figure it out by comparing. I think on the schilling the original has red ink.

None of the issues you show were ever printed on that type of parchment paper .Try to seach out the same notes or types on notes on Ebay and you will see they are well know copies .They were and are sold at every historical sites gift shop .The fact that they were from her grandfather is not relevent .As these issues were circulated over 150 years ago .Good story but these were made in the last 20 years .