• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Where do I start (buying)

12 posts in this topic

Yeah I was incredibly skep on eBay at first too...I shunned eBay until about two weeks ago when I found a 1957B silver cert star note going for $1.50 in AU...it only had 3 minutes left on it and ended up paying 2.00 for the note and shipping was free....I love eBay now....but..by the same token you do want to know what you are looking for too....

I have a lot of star notes and silver certs if you are looking for any...

OK, I figured out what the Star was for (A replacement note, right?) I got a few things from e-bay and I think I got a little taken (Part of learning as you go), but now I have the BlackBook to Paper Money prices so I should be OK from now on. lol That's the theory anyway.

Gary

PS: I have a pic attached

1239004-10cFractFront.JPG.7df9966657a573227b15d93f28afb1db.JPG

teh most efficient way to use ebay is to nearch for what you want before you start browsing. its easy to get carried away and sucked into buying something you dont care about. and ALWAYS set a limit, dont ever go over it unless you wont be able to get it ever again!

One thing I have to mention is if your going to collect US currency you don't use the Black Book.It's prices are not in the real world.If you collect small size US notes you should use "Small-Size U.S.Paper Money by Dean Oakes and John Schwartz.It's presently in it's 6th edition with the 7th shedule to come out soon.Check out Amazon for an excellent deal on the new edtion.Here is a link.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0896893...5Fencoding=UTF8

BankNote