• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1963A $100 Star Notes.... Sequential SN's

10 posts in this topic

Hello everyone...first post here.

I have 2, sequential, 1963A Kansas City Star $100 notes.

They look like they have never been in circulation.

(Based on what is listed in the Currency Dealer newsletter about grade, I would think that these notes fall somewhere in the Crisp-Uncirculated 60 or Choice Crisp-Uncirculated 63. But I do not know much about grading).

Any idea of what the value of these would be?

I also have 3 other 1963A Kansas City $100 notes, (not stars), same condition, almost sequential SN's, for eg. ending in ...04, 05,... 07, missing 06).

Again, any idea of the value.

Thank you

book value for stars is 450 and non-stars is 200. However, with bills such as these, you will probably never get this amount. the non-stars will probably get you around 135 while the stars will get you around 180. are you planning on selling these?

Thank you for your responses.

I have also posted these over at Collectors Universe.

If you would like to see scans of the notes, look here:

http://forums.collectors.com/messageview.cfm?catid=23&threadid=502140

I will be selling them, probably on Ebay.

Am I correct in assuming that they would appeal more to a collector if I keep them as a set, and also that having 2 sequential SN's stars makes them rather unique?

More than likely I will have two auctions, one with the 2 sequential SN stars, and one with the 3 almost sequential SN non stars.

Should I have them professionally graded?

Thanks again.

grading is expensive and i dont necessairly reccomend it unless there is something unique about the serial number (ie 00000682), has an error, is very rare/low mintage, or if you are almost 100% sure it would grade 67 or higher. Also, whats your ebac account, i might decide to bid on them.