• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2004 Series $10 bills

3 posts in this topic

Same here. About 10 years ago when I started to collect coins, I decided to hoard bills, as well. I decided that I wanted one representative piece from all affordable circulating bills, so I collected a $5, a $10, a $20, and for the $1s, I decided to collect one of every (circulating) series (e.g. a 1989, 1993, etc.) from each Federal Reserve Bank.

Now that I'm a little older, a little more insane, and have a little more money to spend, I'm trying to expand the $1 collection scheme to the $5, $10, and $20 as well. Even though they're not worth anything above face value at this point, and it's quite a bit of money to plunk down at the beginning, I derive just as much satisfaction from filling gaps in the bill collection as I do in my coins. It might be something for you to think about doing, especially because, looking back at the $20, it's really interesting to see the evolution of the bill over the last 10 years.