• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How to store and protect PMG certified currancy?

11 posts in this topic

I use a leather covered archival quality looseleaf binder type with mylar pages made for currency holding. The currency that goes into each slot is in another mylar holder so it can be handled or in a tpg holder should it come that way and I don't decide to take it out of the tpg holder. The archival quality binder is in a similarly constructed slipcase and the whole thing goes into a safe deposit box at a bank with a box of dessicant next to it. Periodically, I take the dessicant home, cook it in the oven to dry it out and put it back in with the currency collection.

You can do an internet search on archival supplies to hunt down one of these great binders.

That's the place I got mine. I was looking and looking but couldn't find it.

I use two of the boxes that are supposed to be for 33 cu feet, in about 3 cubic feet. May sound like overkill, but you'd be surprised how often I need to recharge them.