• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1928 $20.00 BILL VALUE

10 posts in this topic

We would need more information to even give you a ballpark estimate.

There were 2 different types of 1928 B $20. Federal Reserve Notes -- one had dark green seals and the other had light green seals. Beyond that, which Fed. Reserve district is it from, which "block" is it, and is it a high or low serial number within that block, etc., etc.

The 3 primary factors that determine a note's value are:

1. It's scarcity/rareness.

2. It's condition.

3. How many buyers are actually currently looking for, and willing to lay down their hard cash for that specific note at any given point in time.

Judging by the way your note looks on my screen, it looks like it's in F+ - VF condition, edging closer to VF. In Oakes-Schwartz 5th edition, they estimate a VF as being worth about $42.50. I believe they've recently published an updated, 6th edition though.

Again, there are other variables to consider, the main one being if you can find a current buyer looking for one. My personal observations have been that people that can afford to collect higher denomination notes ($20.'s, $50.'s, & $100.'s) usually want higher grade notes than VF. My guess is, you might get around $30. for it on eBay or other internet auctions, but don't quote me on that; you may get more or less. It's just my best guess.

Good luck with it though! thumbsup2.gif