• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New to this

6 posts in this topic

Hi All,

I am new to collecting. Something my mom and dad used to do when they were alive...but I know little about it. I have a misprinted dollar bill. 2003 series A with serial number of A88194719C. Serial numbers and seals are on the back side of the bill. I would like to get it graded cause it has no folds or creases...not sure how to go about that. And also need to know if it is expensive to do. My husband is a disabled vet, so can't afford much. Also how do I store it. Thanks for all your help.

Grading costs around $30 and the value of this bill (if uncirculated) can range from $30 to $75; depending if the serial number and seal are printed upside down. Chances are, its not worth getting graded for now because its only 2003 series. What I do, even with old bills, is buy a "Collector-Safe" plastic holder for bills. It keeps them straight and safe as long as they are stored in a drawer or cabinet, etc. Hope this helps. A pic of the bill would help.