• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

$2, Silver cert, Large bill, Star Note

3 posts in this topic

I've recently come into posession of a large bill, $2 Silver Certificate. It is also a Star Note Serial # *1392856B. The signatures are Burke and Teehee. So far I've determined the bill was printed in 1915-1919. The bill has been folded but has no holes or tears and appears in pretty good shape. I've been trying to find info on it or comps but haven't had much luck. I'm a beginner coin guy and this bill stuff has me baffled. Any help?

Thanks for the help. Obviously the Series isn't related to the year. This may explain why I was having trouble find similar issues. Is this an unusual match? Silver, large, Star, $2? There seems to be more 1s and 5s out there. Plenty of Silver Certificates and large bills even quite a few Stars but havne't seen this combo. I'll keep searching.