• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

graders

6 posts in this topic

id say cga primarily because they have been in the industry for wuite a while and have the most experience. pcgs is quite well also but i dont like pmg personally because they are more lenient on their grades. its all a matter of personal prefrence though.

Still on the same subject, I have afew I'd like to have graded. Most companys I looked at on the web appear to require a membership fee, about $100.00 and then maybe ( 5) free submissions. I have three UNC 1963 $2 I'd like to have graded along with a AU + 1963 $2 ( STAR ) 000. Any Info. Thanks..

589a902755cfc_1168336-2000196338_00.jpg.fd6b6b3e9e268d11c061f093876bdd5e.jpg

Well, while no longer an 'infant', paper money grading is maturing. I would suggest you try to locate a dealer who is a member of the PCDA ( Professional Currency Dealers Association ); browse the Society of Paper Money Collectors website at

( www.spmc.org ); and attend a few shows where paper money is displayed and/or offered for sale. Talk to a few dealers who have paper money, most are more than willing to discuss the subject. Attend the International Paper Money Show in Memphis, TN each June.

Above all, try to determine a 'reasonable' value for your note(s); they may not be worth the extra cost of submitting for grading. just an opinion.