• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Golden or Yellow Seal 1953 $2.00 ( altered ) ???

16 posts in this topic

In regards to what has been discribed and sold as a yellow seal or golden seal 1953 $2. note. I'm not going to say where I saw it for sale because I don't want to violate any rules on any site. This said note is selling for much higher then the same note in UNC or AU condition. A local coin dealer said there is no such thing as a 1953 golden or yellow seal $2. ( not sence 1928 ) It must have been altered by the seller or someone else. I'm sad to say that Do to the high demand for this type of note, I was tempted and purchesed one VF, off centered, with several folds. But based on many of the others I saw selling, I made a fair buy. If anyone has any information regarding these type of notes, Please let me know. I'm new at collecting and to this site and assume this may have already been discused?

1138930-golden.jpg.6dae4a94e253e6f56d0ef196b367392b.jpg

I am not sure, but i believe this was an ink error. I have seen many being sold on ebay and i have also seen all yellow 1953 notes being sold (with no red print). I would like to know what money graders refer to this as though, please let us know with your finds! Thanks!

I was hoping to obtain the info regarding the color of the seal from this site. If not, I was planning on contacting a grader to have others in my collection graded. If they have the answer, I will let you know.

In regards to comicdonna, The best way, I have found, to determine the value of a note, is the Bay. It's been my findings that most notes have an average sale price, taking into account the year and the condition of the note. Graded notes appear to sell for much higher then non graded. That is why, I'm planning on contacting a grader. Based on what I have found, A 1953 $2 red seal sells for approx. $8.00 - $12.00 for said note in AU ( Almost Uncirculated ) or UNC ( Uncirculated. I hope this helps.

I have three 1963 $2.00 in sequence 7370/71/72 ( see attachment ) I've found that notes like these have a higher resale value then non graded. Does anyone agree?

1145233-19633b.jpg.8612b1f8c3f00167d710dfc922ee128a.jpg

The "value" of any particular note is what someone is WILLING to pay for it. In my opinion, the Bay is NOT the place to determine the "value" of a note. Maximo, I notice you reside in SW FL. May I suggest you attend the annual Florida United Numismatists (FUN) annual convention and I highly recommend the International Paper Money Show in Memphis, TN each year.

I absolutely agree that the Value of a note is what a Person is willing to pay for it.

In that regard. Isn't the BAY a good source of obtaining this information, due to the large volume of listings and sales to a worldwide costumer base. If anyone knows of another source with similar worldwide attention and participation, Please let me know.

I'm not attempting to appear as a spokesman or advertisement to the BAY. I only provided this source as a one of many possible means of obtaining the average Selling price of goods in general.

In response to paperchaser, I do plan to attend a local convention or show in the near future. Upon first review most appear to be out of My State. I will look into the Annual Florida United Numismatists ( FUN ) convention. Thank you.