• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

$2 Dollar Bills Question

9 posts in this topic

Like how much can a 2 Dollar bill cost today? Does it have any value besides Just "two dollars" or what? I own one, just wondering. Surprises me how money can be as collectable and valuable as a Comic Books and other stuff. Though yes I have a coin collection. But it is for my personal use. I'd be surpprised if any of my coins are worth anything.

1976, No, the serial number has no star. And what do you mean by where was it issued? Where would i find this info?

Look at the black seal on the front left side, it should have a large letter inside, and on the outside it should say the Federal Reserve bank that issued it:

A=Boston

B=New York

C=Philadelphia

D=Cleveland

E=Richmond

F=Atlanta

G=Chicago

H=St. Louis

I=Minneapolis

J=Kansas City

K=Dallas

L=San Francisco

On the newer $2 bills, the circulation issues were all from the same Fed, 1995 were all Atlanta and 2003 were all Minneapolis, but in 1976 all twelve districts issued them.

It's crisp, but it shows it use, it has it's wrinkles, not bad though, but as I say it is crisp. No rips, or tears. I am sure if I was to put it like between to peices of glass and over time it might become more flater.

Ah, it's valuable to me and to me only, and no, I am not a big time paper money collector, the only paper money I own is Well, this 2 dollar bill. Or note, however you want to say it. I have had it for three years. lol so there aint no point to go and spend it.