• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Profitable Garage Sale Find

7 posts in this topic

Wireservice report from an Omaha newspaper:

Linda Stafford has been going to garage sales for 30 years, and it finally paid off for her in a big way. She was making room in her garage for her latest purchase, a high-backed chair that she bought for $2. Her daughter, Mandy Rath, heard something rattle in the chair. They removed the bottom and found two paper packets in a compartment, one containing $10 in coins and the other with $3060 in bills, Series 1928 to 1953.

yay.gifC yay.gifH yay.gifR yay.gifI yay.gifS yay.gif

Wireservice report from an Omaha newspaper:

Linda Stafford has been going to garage sales for 30 years, and it finally paid off for her in a big way. She was making room in her garage for her latest purchase, a high-backed chair that she bought for $2. Her daughter, Mandy Rath, heard something rattle in the chair. They removed the bottom and found two paper packets in a compartment, one containing $10 in coins and the other with $3060 in bills, Series 1928 to 1953.

yay.gifC yay.gifH yay.gifR yay.gifI yay.gifS yay.gif

Why doesn't it ever happen to me? sign-rantpost.gif

Quite a find...

Hope someone enlightens her to the possibility the bills may be worth more then face! Otherwise, she may be spending way more at that next garage sale then she knows!!! headbang.gifforeheadslap.gif

Hope someone enlightens her to the possibility the bills may be worth more then face! Otherwise, she may be spending way more at that next garage sale then she knows!!! headbang.gifforeheadslap.gif

Okay, which CS member is in charge of the Omaha district? Be sure to get in touch with her and advise her of her rights...........I mean..........no, don't imply that she is a criminal..........uh, warn her about shady dealers..............sorry, I meant no offense...........you know what I mean, darnit!

Chris

Remember a few years back when a man bought an old picture at a guh-rage sale and found one of the original state's copy of the... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif...was it the Constitution or the Declaration of Independence?

Remember a few years back when a man bought an old picture at a guh-rage sale and found one of the original state's copy of the... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif...was it the Constitution or the Declaration of Independence?

It was the Declaration of Independence and he bought an ugly picture with a nice frame at a flea market for $20. If I recall correctly, it was believed to be the North Carolina copy that was hidden away during the Civil War (?).

Chris