• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Status update?

6 posts in this topic

I haven't heard a word about the $2 note sets sold late last year by the BEP.

Any word on the secondary market? What about those who drew the low, low #'s? Any f/u news at all?

Any word on the secondary market? What about those who drew the low, low #'s? Any f/u news at all?

Just don't try to spend them at any Best Buy in Baltimore, MD. The Balto. Co. PD has already arrested one man for trying to pass legitimate $2 notes.

Chris

Just don't try to spend them at any Best Buy in Baltimore, MD. The Balto. Co. PD has already arrested one man for trying to pass legitimate $2 notes.

Chris

Yes, and Taco Bells as well.Do you remember that story?

Latest ads in June 6 issue of Coin World :

Hanks & Associates, Inc. - 2003 $2 FRN, Pack of 100 consecutive numbers - $239; 2 Packs - $469; 5 Packs - $1099

Paul Sims, Inc. - 2003 $2 FRN, Green Seal - $2.95

No ads for low serial numbers, but I thought I read somewhere that someone who got one of the earliest filled orders got shafted with very high numbers.

Chris

Still no word on the remaining 6000 notes from each of the other districts.

As to the premium sets, I don't see them selling at anywhere near where they should be. The Millennium $2 sets sell for more, and the individual notes were all released, a print of 9,999 for each district. By contrast, the 2003 $2 notes have a print of 8000 for each district, and only the premium sets have been released so far. I lucked out and got set #158 & 159. I'll toss one on Ebay in the next week or two.