• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

An Ebay seller to avoid

12 posts in this topic

What Blake is trying to show is this creep is taking a nice high grade circ. note giving it a good wash and pressing then putting it in a nice holder and then passing it off as a GEM note!!! IMO, I would call this kind of seller a fraud!

The most important thing is "DON'T BUY FROM ANY eBay SELLER WHO DOESN"T HAVE A RETURN POLICY"!!!

The second thing is "DON't BUY A COIN OR NOTE UNTIL YOU LEARN A LITTLE SOMETHING ABOUT WHAT YOU ARE BUYING"!!!

Third "HIGH % FEEDBACK DOESN"T MEAN A THING" The seller might still be selling overgraded cleaned up junk!

I'm glad others are seeing this guy for what he is! I sold him a CGA graded note several months ago (he bought under another buyer name) within one weeks time he had my note ripped out of the holder and was advertising it on ebay as a "high end" note using the same ebay seller name mentioned above. He used all kinds of misleading and cleaver wording to deceive the buyer into thinking it was a top of the line high grade note! Well, it worked and the unsuspecting bidder paid $600 more than he did a mere week earlier for my same VF graded note! I notified the buyer and let him know, and boy was he hot about it! I noticed soon afterwards that he started making his buyers names private where no one could warn them they were about to get shafted!

After this, I started watching all his auctions and saw this same pattern over and over again. He is literally making thousands of dollars in profit a month by doing this and I didn't even realize that he was "doctoring up" some of the other notes he was selling!

Buying TPG currency doesn't keep you from being ripped off!!! Not all currency TPG'ers are the same! Just like all the coin TPG'ers are not all the same!

The best thing anyone can do is learn to grade for yourself before buying anything!!! Currency isn't as hard to grade as coins IMO.

Buying TPG currency doesn't keep you from being ripped off!!! Not all currency TPG'ers are the same! Just like all the coin TPG'ers are not all the same!

The best thing anyone can do is learn to grade for yourself before buying anything!!! Currency isn't as hard to grade as coins IMO.

This needed repeating for anyone that just glossed over it when posted the 1st time.

I just read this about Nurit214 and wanted to add that I bought a note from him a few months ago and sent it to be certified. It came back a 45 and pretty much based on what I paid I feel I was within maybe $100 of what I consider wholesale price.

Of course I have no idea what Nurit214 paid for the note, but on the other hand, I've sent a great looking note in to be certified before and what I thought would easilly be a 55 + came back a 25.

I thought maybe that note had been doctored and the grader was able to distinguish that. Maybe it's something else, but my point is that if Nurit214 was fixing all the notes or most of them would a professional grader be able to spot that and degrade the value of the note on account of it and expose Nurit214?

Just a thought.

Wes

he's definitely one to deal with very cautiously. i've been lucky with him so far. just recently he tried selling two notes as unc, and were (i'm no pro grader, but) solid XF/AU. i messaged him once, stating..."when your woodchopper #8352010397 doesn't reach your (inflated) reserve price, which it didn't, will you accept a reasonable offer?".....no response yet, and i don't expect one. spoke to him on the phone two weeks ago. he's not from round here, if you catch my drift. i think word may have gotten out though. it seems as though recently, more and more of his bloated reserve prices aren't being met…..see for yourself. you can find some very, very nice deals by the bay, but as my ole pal elmer fudd might say.....be weddy, weddy caioful of dem qwazy wabbits. bit of advice....study at least three grading patterns for a few hours. here are a couple for starters….http://www.currencygradingcertification.com/gradstand.htm….and page 41 of the new red book. Oh….and try and buy from sellers with A HIGH NUMBER OF FEEDBACKS, THAT OFFER REFUNDS. and take your time....i repeat....TAKE YOUR TIME! It’s getting tuffer and tuffer out there. lotta snakes. it's all about that buck. (pun intended). Good luck all.