• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trying to do my first submission. VERY FRUSTRATING! NO YouTube videos and no sample forms to look at.

1 post in this topic

My initial submission has about 73 notes.  The idea is to submit 72 as bulk and one as a standard up to $3,000 in value.  The lone bill up to $3,000 in value is NL88888888B and appears to be the ONLY bill that fulfills the FANCY category.  Several bills are CLOSE but do not fulfill the strict definitions.  This bill's serial number looks similar the Indian Rupee bill labeled "Super Solid 8's" because it is solid and a rotator bill but there is a $5 premium to get that label put on the bill so I have several questions about the form for this bill.  In box 6, there is a section for special label.  I want to use design 0162.  Is this where I select that?  Supposedly, 0162 is free, not $5.  In box 9, there is the catalog number.  Do I put "fr#7000-L" there like that?  The serial number is NL88888888B.  Do I put that entire number there?  If so, what is the space PP/Block?  Is that supposed to have "NLB" put in it?  In space Variety/Pedigree, the charge is $8 for variety and $5 for Pedigree, unfortunately, the charge to have "Super Solid 8's" is a $5 upcharge yet Pedigree seems to refer to being part of a well known collection so WHERE do I request "Super Solid 8's"???? 

71 of the notes appear to be of the Friedberg 7000-L NLB block (2017-$20 bill serial numbers NL88888008B to NL88890888B) and the other lone one appears to be of the Friedberg 2097-B MBE Block (MB54700547E).  The instructions indicate that you need to submit the notes in the order they are labeled on the form.  FINE BUT this part is really confusing!!  Some of the 71 notes have consecutive order serial numbers but not 50 of them, only about 20 of them.  Do they get charged $12 per bill on those and the others charged at $14 per bill??  Do I fill out 72 lines or just 2 lines?  IF I only fill out 2 lines, do I put for the 71 notes "Varies" for the serial number space and IF SO, do I label my bills with a white label on the sleeve from 1 to 72?  How do I label the bills?  I am not comfortable putting 10 bills to each sleeve because they are new bills.  I would prefer to do 1 bill per sleeve.  Is that OK??  The value square gets tricky too.  If 71 bills are put on one line, do I add up the value of each of the bills and divide by 71 to get the average cost of the bill or do I put the total of all 71 bills in the "value" space?  Some are close to $300 each and others are worth less than that by my "guess".  Another fun part is how to request my sleeves back.  It looks like I go to box 8 and check "Return Packaging" and it looks like my charge would be $10 for 2 forms plus the shipping weight difference.  It looks like insurance will be $15,000 to $25,000 guess off the top of my head without doing the math for 31 to 100 bills which indicates that the insurance cost will be $75 TOTAL.

In summary:

1.  Do I use just 2 forms like I think?  One for the Super Solid 8's and the other for the rest?

2.  Do I list every bill in the bulk group or use 2 lines.  If I use 2 lines only, do I do one for the oddball 2013 bill and the other 71 bills on the other line?  Is the value square filled with the TOTAL value or an average value of the 71 bills?

3.  Does my request of label 0162 for the 15 year label that is supposed to be free put in box 6?

4.  Does my request for the designation "Super Solid 8's" with a $5 charge go in the "Variety/Pedigree" box?

5.  If I am going to use USPS, I am assuming that I don't need an account with USPS to have my package insured.  Is that right?

6.  How much do I pay for my bulk bills submission per bill when some are consecutive serial numbers and others have gaps?  Do I need to break out the 71 bills into blocks of consecutive vs. NOT consecutive with, maybe 18 lines?  One block is 10 consecutive while there are multiple blocks with just 2 or 3 in a row.

7.  It looks to me like 71 bills with insurance for $15,000 to $25,000 is $75 plus whatever it costs to ship including the cost to have my sleeves returned which appears to be an additional $10 for 2 forms.

8.  On my white label on my sleeves, do I put a number of 1 to 72 on them only? or do I need to put more information on the little white label?

To those wondering why I am having so many of these bills graded when it was recommended that I grade just NL88888880B to NL88888889B, it is because the solid number is 8 so a bill like NL88888168B that would have little value to a currency collector, has SUBSTANTIAL value to an Oriental person who is very number superstitious.  88888168 basically means "Easy wealth all the way" in NEON LIGHTS.  88888848 basically means wealth for 888888 lifetimes.  Unfortunately, there are a lot of counterfeit bills on the market so many Oriental buyers are really suspicious of bills.  Having them professionally graded and logged eliminates that headache for those bills and the surrounding bills.  I intend to make money on several hundred of these bills of which only about 40 or so have value to your average currency collector because of the mathematical odds of finding bills like these in their condition.  In theory, I make enough money selling the less desirable bills so that I can justify keeping NL88888880B to NL88888889B.  In a perfect world, I make enough on the bulk of the bills to leave me the special block of 10 and a few other nice bills like 88888444 to trade for something I like but do not want to buy.