• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Interest Paid Stamps Effect on Value?

2 posts in this topic

Hi all!  My first post here.  Earlier this year I took deep dive into family history and coming out of that I have gained an interest in collecting confederate currency (mainly paper money at this point).  My interests are from a collectors standpoint and not an investors, so I'm not looking to drop a large amount of $ on a super rare bill with the intent of selling it for profit in years to come.  I'm looking to collect average grade stuff that I will keep and pass down to my children as part of the story of their heritage.  Just thought it would be cool to have some of the currency my great great grandparents used back during their lifetime.  Anyhow, my question has to do with the presence of the interest paid stamps on the back of confederate currency and how that effects the value.  My guess is the presence of the stamps on the currency makes it less valuable and currency with out the stamp is worth more.  Am I correct in my line of thinking?  Any other pros / cons I should be aware of when looking at these bills.

Thanks in advance for your time and input.

Hi 78 Bronco!

While I am unsure of the answer to your question, I wanted to acknowledge your post. Welcome!

Collecting notes that our great great grandparents used is an incredible privilege and provides much enjoyment and satisfaction!

I would guess the same as you regarding the value and presence of stamps, but this is only a guess, it may have no impact. I am vaguely aware that EPQ designation is not as important for confederate notes, as it is for Large Size, etc.

If you do not receive a response here, I will try to remember to message you another forum, which may have members that are able to help you.

Cheers!