• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

70#grade

7 posts in this topic

I sent in a packet of 100 2013 $2 bills still in the shrink wrap from the mint.  When they came back graded, I got several 67 and only one 68, with the vast majority being 66's and 65's.  I have some really nice Russian bills that looked perfect to me, and they came back at 66 & 67's.  I have a little over 700 notes, with most graded by PCGS, followed by PMG, and some graded by CGA, and I often wondered if 70's exist.  The only 70 I see for sale are foil notes, Smithsonian sheets, and Star Wars notes on eBay, but I don't those those.

Kevin

Thanks!! kev it seems there very picky ! i bought a 70* more pricy than a 70!! so its true!! glad you responded my 70* was $650 he wanted $950!!! i felt lucky!!!as a small timer of 100 notes i see 70 and seek them as you said???yes there very real and pricy$$ but sounds like when you buy perfect mint it should come back from PMG as perfect 70!!!! true!!!thats weird!!!

Heck, I’m happy if the note is in the 50’s or 60’s.  Most of my collection is from the 1800’s, with some from the 1900’s, i.e. obsoletes, CSA, colonial, MPC’s, fractional, large size bills, and Russian (Imperial, Central Asian, Soviet, and modern).  I have a tone of notes that are graded from 20 to 50.  The grade is important, but for me, it’s the note I like. 

Kevin

GOT IT! true most older notes are not 70!! you buy what you like i have old  stuff #8/#12 grade shows its age!you sound like you like your hobby like me and hope we can stay in touch i have a few bux but not a snobby person love this subject if i talk to the right people!!!????makes a difference .