• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

93330039 ?? What kind or kinds of patterns does this serial number have

5 posts in this topic

To be a little more specific, it is not a palindrome or "radar" note because the serial number does not read the same left to right as right to left, such as "12566521". A true bookend note would have a serial number with the same two or more digits at both ends of the number (e.g., "12xxxx12" or "123xx123" would be bookends). I've never heard of a "radar bookend" that presumably would be something like "12xxxx21" or "123xx321". A binary note would have only two digits in the serial number, such as "9399393", although purists would insist that the digits be only 0s and 1s. This note has only three different digits so I expect that it could be called a trinary note. Most serial numbers would interesting somehow if you like numbers and consider them in the right way.

Hi.

It is what would be considered a radar note, because the first four digits "0142" are the reverse of the last four digits "2410". I couldn't say what it is worth, because it would depend upon the grade and whether it is certified. A search on eBay for "radar note" under "Small Size Federal Reserve Notes" would be the best way to assess what prices people are paying for them. I saw a listing for an uncertified uncirculated 1999 $5 radar note for $35 but no takers.