• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Storage of PMG graded notes

7 posts in this topic

Hello, I'm collecting banknotes already for several years. Recently, I started to send more and more bank notes for grading out of my private collection. The private collection is currently stored in a nice 'Leuchtturm' album. This enables to view the notes in a nice order, and get good impression of both sides of a note. Since I received back the graded notes, I can't put them anymore back in the album, since the PMG holders take large space.

When I inquired with PMG, they told me that they don't have any solution for this. They offered the PMG bank bags , however, one can't view the notes inside the bags. Therefore, for collection storage (+ fast presentation/visualization) it won't work.

I wonder if anyone has experience how to optimize the view of graded banknotes? 

Thanks

Just getting back in to currency collecting myself, the whitman 6-hole albums are a better choice I feel , as they are loose leaf.

The y also sell a graded currency clear page solution for two graded notes ofn a page. A little pricey but I feel they are worth it.

?height=600

https://www.whitman.com/store/Inventory/Detail/Graded-Currency-Album-Refill-Pages---PMG-Graded-Notes+0794827063

For my collection I use the SuperSafe certified banknote albums and pages, which can accomodate both PCGS and PMG standard small and large size currency holders. You can find them (and similar Lighthouse and possibly Whitman products) on eBay under Coins and Paper Money -> Publications and Supplies by searching for "certified banknote album pages". The stock number for the SuperSafe pages (2 pockets per page, 7-7/8" x 5-1/2" each) is NP200.

You can use the same Leuchtturm / Lighthouse album with as mentioned above 2C or 1C sheets.  They are non PVC sheets.  I use the Grande 2C sheets which are A4 in size, lighthouse uses European holes so fits 2,4 and i guess 6 ring binders.  Normal PMG graded notes fit perfectly.  Use the 1C - for the larger ones.  I just bought the new lighthouse PUR grande albums - they are really nice.

IMG_3153.thumb.jpg.9e9873da14cd5392ae8af1747496def0.jpg

One recommendation I was told - was to stand them upright, not flat down, by a very experienced collector.