• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PMG Error in Identification

3 posts in this topic

The Sri Lanka 1979 Rs 100 had Serial Numbers from Z/1 000001 to Z/10 1000000

Below is Not a Replacement Note.  For Sri Lanka Notes Z was used as replacement prefix only from 1991.  Why did PMG certify without knowing correct Facts. How can we stop this error propagating. Why doesn't PMG use experts like Krause Catalogs when they don't know details of Foreign Currency,

PMG Cert: 8039312-039

Note #: SLA88a*
Serial #: Z/1 296508
Note Description: Sri Lanka Replaceme, 100 Rupees RF1 1979
Signatures/Vignettes: - Wmk: Lion With Sword
Grade: 68 EPQ
Comments: Exceptional Paper Quality

If your note is incorrectly Certified by PMG in their Certification Database or on the holder itself, send it back to PMG  with any supporting information you have regarding the change you believe is correct. Your note will be reviewed and then reholdered for free at no cost to you if changes are required. Your postage costs to send the note to PMG will also be reimbursed if you include your receipt from the post office  

I have had like 7 notes corrected in the past with no problems  

This not my note.  It is a note that was on Sale on eBay trying to exploit the Error that it is a Replacement note when it is Not.  PMG has correctly certified other notes on this type without saying that it is a replacement, which makes me feel that PMG is willing to put anything claimed by sender without verification.  I agree this mistake did appear  one edition on SCWPM and was corrected. However if they even looked at any other note that they had previously certified of this 1979 Sri Lanka Rs100 type to see all have standard Serial prefix letter Z