• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Are there any priceguides?

6 posts in this topic

Hello. Is there anywhere that has a good priceguide on currency? If I wanted to purchase a silver certificate or fractional note, how could I tell if the price was reasonable? Thanks for any info. I am interested in the older notes but I know nothing about them. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.

The March 2005 Coin Prices (Annual Edition) magazine had 31 pages devoted to National Bank Notes, small and large sized notes. including silver and gold certificates, demand, coin and interest bearing notes. Hadn't really looked at it until now. Might try the library for some reference books too.

I've found BNR's price guide to be a bit lacking, but if you are interested in currency, a subscription is a must.

There is also the Currency Dealer newsletter, commonly called the Greensheet available at http://www.greysheet.com.

I would also suggest reviewing the archives at Heritage/CAA for the type of notes you are interested in, as this will give you an better idea of what the current market is.

I've yet to find an online price guide that bears any semblance to reality.

The Black Book is completely worthless for pricing.