• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Proof ALL Grading Companies are the Same posted by Sheck_Shiek

2 posts in this topic

It really doesn't matter what grading company one uses. The standards are so well-defined and tight now that the value of a note has almost no wiggle room.

As you can see here, I wanted a reputable company to grade a note. Of course, it was a waste of money since the note graded the same thus the value remained the same. Anyone note any sarcasm? That's because there is plenty!! I knew the note would not grade as well. I thought perhaps a 58EPQ would be the lowest but more likely a 62EPQ. Holy cow. What does this say about our hobby as an investment???

17696.jpg

See more journals by Sheck_Shiek

That is CGA.

I had CGA 66 and 67 that PMG regraded and they came back 58s. Others came back 2 to 3 points lower, but yours beats them all.

If you are buying CGA graded notes you have to treat them as raw and pay for them as such. For US currency, I only trust PMG and PCGS, but I prefer the PMG holders.

Give PMG a call ask them what was wrong with the note, sometimes they keep notes about the grading, and let us know. The note looks like it might have a faint tilted horizontal fold above the word FIVE.