• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recommend a seller/site please...non-US currency

4 posts in this topic

I'm not a currency collector, but there is a particular Japanese note I want to buy for historical interest (and general impulse-buy urges).

Where would I start to look for a reliable seller? I found a few on eBay, but they appeared to be hideously overpriced for the condition. I checked the Heritage auctions and they did sell some earlier in the year (why oh why was I not looking in June???). Nothing now though and the price range is not so exalted that it meets the 'make offer to owner' level.

Anyway, who would sell late 1800s Japanese currency, raw or certified...but if raw I would not have to worry about being too naive?

Thanks (hopefully) in advance :)

Stork, okay, before I answer let me give full disclosure: I am not employed by nor compensated by the folks I'll mention in my reply. My experience with them is strictly as a collector purchasing notes. As you've already mentioned Heritage I'll not include them in the list but I do buy from Heritage. The list is NOT in preference listing, just a list:

1.. Lyn Knight Auctions

2. olmsteadcurrency.com

3. banknotes-steinberg.com

There are many others and I know I've probably offended them, mea culpa.

Enjoy your search.