• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rare Gold Certificate posted by Sheck_Shiek

1 post in this topic

My theory is that rare notes, especially gold certificates have great potential.

Nobody ever responds to my posts but folks look at the pictures s I assume they enjoy. Here's what my new deal is....count the population report of all the gold certificates from both PMG and PCGS web sites and try to purchase mid-grade versions. I can't afford GEM's. Fr-1174 is a $20 gold certificate. It looks at lot like the well known Fr-1187 with Speelman/White signatures from 1922. OK, for Fr-1187 PMG/PCGS reports 2,168/1,739 for a total of 3,907 graded notes!! Now the Fr-1174...1906 $20 gold that looks very similar to the Fr-1187. Here's the count 35/31 for a total of 66 graded notes!!!!! Think about it...people think a coin is rare when only a couple of thousand have been graded. I bought a note with only 66 examples to be graded. Think how rare that is. There must be value in that rarity that veteran currency collectors are aware but not the general dummies like me!!! Feel free not to comment since no one ever does.

17344.jpg

See more journals by Sheck_Shiek