• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Notes: PVC

10 posts in this topic

I would check ebay to see how net grade notes vs. straight ones sell. If it is a common Friedberg number, usually it would be worth $1000 plus on average, and more in an epq/ppq holder. There are conservation experts who are good at resolving minor issues. You could check with your state library paper conservation experts, etc..

If they graded it net or PCGS graded it with an apparent grade, figure several hundred dollars less. Until the problem is resolved, buyers will be leery and lowball offers with those who know how to fix the note and get it to straight grade will want to pay no more than $500 usually.

It depends on how bad it is; I mentioned the pvc issue to a recently starting collector and he said it was the toxin that killed his father. Bad stuff. If it can be removed and if you hadn't noticed it, maybe it is not serious? I would just compare images of your note with other examples.

I'm not sure whether the note could be conserved; I definitely see the issue though. Any result on ebay over $600 would be better than average IMO. Without the issue; it is worth over $900. Personally I would ask around to see if anyone knows whether it would benefit from conservation.

I almost never do straight auctions on ebay; you are competing against all the shill sellers, etc.. If it does not hit a reasonable level in the last day or so you can pull it with a small fee. Most material gets bought up by dealers or snipe program people.