• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[ Identification help] Help identify these China notes in "holder" please!

4 posts in this topic

EDIT: OMG how do i resize the image?? im so sorry guys!!

Hi guys! firstly, I apologize if i posted in the wrong forum section! I'm very new here :P

anyways,

I have in my possession booklets of old China banknotes in this special notes "holder" created just for it.

I'm just wondering if anyone here have seen/know what this is and the year created ?

I have 2 types with me, one of the holder's cover is made of leather and the other is made of a cloth like material with oriental design..

Both of the holder consist of same things ( denominations, manufacturer & explanation ).

Any replies / help will be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks and have a great day ahead!! [:D]

ZZeKEQK.jpg

fFTeprW.jpg

0NOzRYz.jpg

fhWgKrk.jpg

ac6TWz5.jpg

bRBhXoQ.jpg

6UZBcMk.jpg

KFazJM8.jpg

O88lupH.jpg

FkRPhyD.jpg

X3W2zG4.jpg

7Ss6NSB.jpg

6RjMzBy.jpg

ScHsvyP.jpg

6Fvv1jP.jpg

h9Whtos.jpg

1zJI8vj.jpg

7QMv5M4.jpg

uAjlaW1.jpg

6PRz3CQ.jpg

dHCwVtx.jpg

xXcYSiV.jpg

pqkAmIB.jpg

2Ci0nLr.jpg

C8xW545.jpg

HngTUi7.jpg

here are the links to the album:

imgur:

or

Photobucket:

http://s1179.photobucket.com/user/ohdianjin/library/China%20notes%20holder2

These albums were put together by the PBOC for export only, like the 1980s coin proof sets. These are 3rd series notes, and are quite uncommon today, especially in their original bank issued holders.

A lot of these "booklets" as well as for the previous Series seem to have come on to the open market now - compared to the 1990s.

The notes appear genuine, the printing style is similar to that used by Chinese state institutions in the late 1970s and early 1980s, when these sets would have been assembled for inclusion into these albums. Chinese mint products are far more sophisticated now in appearance.

The individual notes in MS65 or higher grade, as a set, would definitely be valued well north of US$100.