• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Investment Focus II posted by Sheck_Shiek

1 post in this topic

GOLD CERTIFICATES

Everyone should have some gold coins, but gold certificates are really good investments. Don't buy . Try to score at least a 30 and preferably better in PPQ or EPQ. I look at the 1922 and 1913 large size $50 Grants. With the exception of Fr-1200, these are incredibly low populations! And finding these $50's in better than PCGS, PMG 50 is really difficult (unless the 1922 Fr-1200) So buying a quality 30 or above with no NET or Apparent and especially if you can get EPQ/PPQ, I believe these are going to do well for mid-size in the future. Instead of buying a bunch on star notes from 1934 or new currency (why do people collect currency that is still in circulation?) try to get large sizes in the 1800's vintage. They can only get more rare. Why people find allure in new currency with low serial numbers or radars or ladders...CRAZY!! In 150 years they will definitely have value. Some person was selling a one dollar bill, brand new with a serial number like 00000073. He wanted like $380!! I offered $120 only because it was my wife's bday year and her declined. I was relieved. Why pay for that !!?? Folks selling brand new currency with two or three digit serial numbers as if it were special. Poppycock. Save you dollars and maybe, if you can, buy one of these once a year than 60 pieces of paper with no investment value at 70 bucks a piece when you can get this one piece. Someone reply, this is getting boring posting t myself.

17265.jpg

See more journals by Sheck_Shiek